2. Your Contributions
3. Prohibited Contributions
5. Monitoring, modification and removal of Content
6. Service Changes
7. Dealings with Advertisers/partners
11. Special warning for content and services relating to Financial Matters
12. Limitations of Liability
14. Governing Law
15. Accounts and passwords
The Drive Network is owned and operated by CarAdvice.com Pty Limited (ABN 84 116 608 158) (trading as “Drive”, us, our, we), a related body corporate of Nine Entertainment Co Pty Limited.
Using the Drive Network
Your access to and use of the Drive Network is for your personal use only. We do not permit any commercial use of the Drive Network without our express written agreement.
Children and Young People
The Drive Network may contain content which is not suitable for persons under the age of 18. You confirm that you are 18 years or older, or otherwise have your parent/guardian’s consent to use the Drive Network.
Intellectual Property: General
The Drive Network includes services and content which are the intellectual property of Drive and its service and content providers, advertisers and business partners (Our Content). You may use Our Content by downloading and storing limited copies for your personal use only. You may not otherwise reproduce or redistribute or use Our Content or services in any way unless you have our express permission. If you wish to obtain permission for a particular use of specific content on the Drive Network, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or post at: 52 Victoria Street, McMahons Point, NSW 2060, Australia
The Drive Network trademarks belong to Drive. The trademarks of our service and content providers belongs to them. Nothing contained in the Drive Network should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any trademark displayed on the Drive Network. Use of all trademarks displayed on the Drive Network requires the express permission of the relevant trademark owner.
On certain parts of the Drive Network, you may have the ability to upload and publish materials including text (such as written reviews), images, video footage, information, comments on our content and other data (whether via email, comment, post, blog, enquiry or by any other means) to or through the Drive Network. You retain ownership of any content you upload and publish (Your Contributions). Other Users retain ownership of any Content they upload and publish (User Contributions). Your Contributions are subject to the following conditions:
- All Your Contributions must be your own work and must not include any material which is the copyright or confidential information of someone else;
- Your Contributions must be on-topic and constructive and not contributed with the intention of disrupting our online communities or causing harm or offense to anyone;
- Your Contributions must comply with our Community Guidelines available here;
- You give to us free of charge permission to use Your Contributions in any way we want to on any web site or mobile site, application, products or services in any media (including editing, modifying or adapting Your Contributions for operational or editorial reasons or using it for promotional purposes).
We may also redistribute Your Contributions to third parties including our related bodies corporate for use and publication on any medium – please note that this may include television broadcast.
- Copyright in Your Contributions remains with you and the permissions you give us do not restrict you from using Your Contributions in any way;
- We generally show your name with Your Contributions if provided to us, however, you acknowledge and agree that it is not always practical for us to attribute you as the author of Your Contributions; and
- Your Contributions may or may not be pre-screened and there may be a delay before they appear on the Drive Network. We may choose not to use Your Contributions or remove Your Contributions from the Drive Network in our discretion and we are not obligated to use, maintain or display Your Contributions.
If you have any questions about Your Contributions please contact us here.
It is your responsibility to ensure that Your Contributions do not breach any applicable laws, our Community Guidelines or rights. Without limiting this obligation we require that Your Contributions do not:
- Defame any person;
- Breach anyone’s intellectual property rights or confidentiality.
- Breach any laws including but not limited to privacy and anti-discrimination laws;
- Contain any personal or sensitive information relating to an individual;
- Contain any links, advertising or marketing material or spam;
- Stalk or harass any person;
- Breach our Drive Community Guidelines;
- Encourage or promote or assist the commission of any illegal act;
- Contain excessively coarse language or content which would be rated R RC or X by the Australian Classification Board; or
- Include any material that contains any virus or computer code file or computer program designed to impair any the performance of the nine.com.au network or any computer, software or telecommunications device.
If you think that any content on the Drive Network is unlawful or breaches these terms please email EDITOR@DRIVE.COM.AU.
Please note while we will not necessarily reply to all complaints, we will consider whether there are any grounds for taking action for each complaint received.
Monitoring, modification and removal of Content
We do not verify, approve, endorse, sanction, encourage, support or agree with Your Contributions or User Contributions including without limitation any comments, opinions or statements submitted, uploaded or otherwise posted on the Drive Network.
We reserve the right, but have no obligation to, amend, supplement, delete or update Our Content (as defined above), Your Contributions or User Contributions, without notice to you and at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue any content or services included in or accessible via the Drive Network without any notice and without any liability to you
Dealings with Advertisers/partners
Some of the content on the Drive Network, including articles, sponsorships or promotions and banner advertising, constitutes paid advertising. This means that we may have received a payment or other benefit from our advertisers or partners in return for publishing the content. Responsibility for the content of advertisements appearing on the Drive Network rests solely with the advertisers. As such, if you have any queries or concerns regarding the content of any advertisement or promotion please contact the advertiser directly. The placement of such advertisements does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by us of the advertisers’ products and each advertiser is solely responsible for any representations made in connection with its advertisement. If you click on any advertisement, then that access will be treated as access to a Linked Website as defined below.
Your correspondence or dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers or partners on the Drive Network are solely between yourself and such third parties. We will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of advertisements on the Drive Network.
From time to time we feature, promote or sponsor special events, competitions and other activities conducted by third parties on-line and/or off-line. We do not accept any responsibility for your participation. However there may be specific terms and conditions applicable to those activities and you should check these carefully.
Any products and prices listed on the Drive Network are the responsibility of the relevant product dealer/retailer. We are not liable for the availability, prices or price changes, including where price changes have not been reflected on the Drive Network.
Some advertisements and promotions may be aimed at consumers who are located in specific locations. As a result, the goods or services included in any such advertisements or promotions may not necessarily be available at or near the place where you are located whether for the price stated or at all. We make no representation or warranty with regard to the availability of such good and services or the price for which those goods and services may be available in the area where you are located. You agree that you will make no claim or complaint against us or any of our related bodies corporate and that those parties will not be liable, solely on the basis that you were not able to acquire goods or services mentioned in an advertisement or promotion whether at the price stated in the advertisement or at all.
The Drive Network makes use of data and services provided by YouTube (via the YouTube Services API) subject to the YouTube Terms of Service.
You agree that Drive may without notice terminate your access to our services (Including the Drive Network) without notice on any reasonable grounds including but not limited to:
- Request by law enforcement authorities or agencies;
- Discontinuation of modifications to our services;
- Technical issues or problems;
- Extended periods of account inactivity;
- Non-payment of any fees owed by you in relation to any services; and
- Where we suspect you have used the services for a fraudulent or illegal purpose
Except where expressly specified Drive Network content is provided for your information only. It is not intended as advice and you should not rely upon it as such. You should verify any important information we provide (such as information about finances and insurance) and seek independent advice suited to your specific circumstances prior to making any decisions.
Special warning for content and services relating to Financial Matters
The Drive Network may contain financial content, commentary and tools such as factual articles on the tax considerations in purchasing a new car, car insurance options and calculators. None of our financial content is intended for trading or investment purposes or to constitute financial advice and is meant to be informative in nature only. We and our content providers are not liable for any trading or investment decisions based on your use of this content and we strongly advise that you seek professional advice before making any financial decisions.
Limitations of Liability
In no circumstances are we liable for any indirect or consequential losses or damages arising in connection to your use of the Drive Network.
Accounts and passwords
If you create an account for using any of the services or features available on the Drive Network, you are responsible for all use of your username and/or password and must keep your username and/or password for that account confidential.
Updated: November 22, 2020